Interview with Logan Stankoven

Storyboard:

1 – Goal:

To learn more about Blazers Captain, Logan Stankoven, his expectations for this season, and his plans for the future.

2 – Audience:

Local BC Sports fans, hockey fans interested in prospects, Kamloops Blazers fans, Dallas Stars fans.

3 – Core Information:

Logan Stankoven is the captain of the Kamloops Blazers Hockey Team in the WHL. He was recently drafted in 2020 by the Dallas Stars in the 2nd round and has already signed an Entry-Level NHL contract. The Blazers are off to a hot start this season, and with so much talent on the team, Logan has high expectations.

4 – Detailed outline

My plan was to interview him using the questions I had carefully planned out, and get information that would allow me to tell an audience more about him. I had to rearrange a lot of his answers and make it sound smooth in order to fit the time constraint. I planned an intro and outro to the interview to show the listener what to expect while listening when it is over. I had to balance the sound as well in order to make the whole interview sound smooth. I thought that adding music would take away from this smoothness. It was also really tough for me to make an 11 minute interview only 2 minutes when finalized.

Script of questions I had prepared (but didn’t have time to include all in final draft):

Congrats on ELC! I was excited to see you back with the Blazers this season instead of the Dallas farm team. How did this come about and any idea what will come next?

18 seems young for a captaincy, even a co-captaincy. How do you feel about the responsibility of leading and representing the group?

As a group, what are the Blazers goals and expectations for this season?

5 players drafted in the last 2 years, all in the first 4 rounds. 3 more are expected next year. Do you think this is a new team culture thing of making each other better, or are they just striking gold with their drafts?

What does your training regime look like? Is it different from the rest of the groups at all?

You’ve always been one of the best players at every level you’ve played. What drives you to keep improving and stay motivated even if it isn’t always challenging to you?

Who do you think most people compare your play style to in the NHL?

What would you be doing if you weren’t playing hockey?

What are your interests or hobbies outside of hockey?

';